Wednesday, February 10, 2016

No dessert until you finish your veggies!

"No dessert until you finish your veggies!"
This has always been something I have wanted to say! Only...I thought I would be saying to my kids. No my husband.

Vegetables are not a usual thing in our home. We just don't love them! (And when I say we I mostly mean me.)
Veggies just aren't the first thing on my mind when I think about what I'm going to make with my dinner.
But tonight. That changed!


I know...I know...it is not the most exciting dinner (although it was very delicious).
But the point is...when I sat down at the beginning of the month I actually thought about what veggies I would make with these meals.
It's a work in progress. But I am proud of myself for this! 

I usually just sneak spinach into my smoothies in the morning...
If you have any tips on how to make veggies yummy please send them my way!! Josh and I would both really appreciate it:)

P.S. Josh totally did finish his green beans just so he could have cookies tonight.

Audrey Jo

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat. I eat a lot of salads for lunch and make vegetables with dinner pretty regularly, but the other night I said to my husband "When is the last time you ate a vegetable?" And he could not remember!!!! So I've been trying to make them more appealing and working them into our meals more. I've found roasting them makes them taste pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try that!! Husbands are so funny with stuff like this...I'm glad I'm not the only wife out there that has to play mom at the same time!

      Delete