Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hello world of blogging!

Hello everyone!

So I have always loved the idea of starting a blog. And I attempted a few times. But I would always give up on it after like 2 posts. So we aren't going to let that happen this time!

I have always loved journaling.
And to me...my journals are art.
But let's be honest. Journals are hard. It takes so much time and effort to keep up an awesome journal.
Blogs are so much easier to add pictures to. And typing is so much faster.
No, I will not dump all of my secrets into this blog.
But I will update all of you lovely people with the happy moments of my life.
And maybe the not-so-happy moments.
(But let's hope there are more of the happy that of the sad!)

I love my wonderful marriage to the handsome Joshua James.
He is perfect for me in every way and life is so much more fun with him by my side.
I am still learning how to cook and how important it is to keep our little home clean.
But I like to think I am getting better each week.

I love baking. Especially cookies. And brownies. And pretty much anything sweet.
But especially cookies.

I like to think that I am crafty. I am working on actually being crafty.
My wonderful grandma taught me how to sew when I was young so I have made a few blankets.
While playing lacrosse in high school I would make bows for my team.
I recently started to do a little bit of embroidery.
And my wonderful friend taught me how to crochet. And I am obsessed.
So far I have crocheted a blanket that is oh-so-cozy. And I have made headbands to keep my ears warm in these cold Utah winters I have ahead of me.

So. Expect a little bit of everything on this blog...because I do not intend to post about the same things every week. I think we all would get bored of that!

Enjoy!
xoxo
Simply Stephens

4 comments:

  1. Yay welcome back to blogging!! :) Keep it up girl! Please teach me how to crochet haha :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And for reals, youtube is where I learned most of what I have made! What would I do without video tutorials?!

      Delete