Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tuesday is movie day

For these past 3 weeks my wonderful brother invited 
Josh and I to $5 Tuesday with him and his friends.

Yes, you heard that right.
$5 Tuesday.

This might not sound crazy to everyone.
But I'm still use to San Diego's crazy prices of 
$12 movies!
Now you understand my excitement, right?

Also, I have the best job ever. They gave me 2 free movie tickets
just for offering to work a few hours on my day off.
I'm still convinced I work for the most awesome office and doctors ever.

So here is my take on the movies we have seen these past few weeks!

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Trailer HERE

I'm convinced that if you have not read the book, the movie is awesome! Just like the first movie in the series, there is action: running, fighting, death, and survival of the elements.
But, unlike the first movie: this does not follow the book. Like all movies that are made from books, the trailer says "Based on the best-selling novel." The only problem is...I don't think this was based off of the book at all! The couple of scenes that I do remember from the book at awesome! Just how I pictured them as I was reading!
Josh enjoyed the movie and so did some of Jake's friends! I just walked out of the theater so disappointed.
But like I said before, if you have not read the book-i think it would be worth your while to go see!


The Martian Trailer HERE
This was the best movie I have seen in a long time! Josh and I saw the trailer for this while we were waiting for The Scorch Trials to start. We just leaned over to each other, starred, and said "woah, that looks good!" And. It. Was. Seriously, everybody needs to see this. There is a bit a language that is unnecessary, but besides that I didn't see anything wrong with it. There was action, anticipation, humor, and it was in space! This is a movie I would totally go see again.

Everest Trailer HERE
This was the movie we saw last night. And it was awesome! This movie is based on a true story, which makes it even cooler, in my opinion.Walking into the theater we were all thinking that we would feel so motivated and want to climb Mt. Everest. We were wrong! This movie shows a team of climbers making their way up the mountain and the strain it puts on their minds and bodies. It's crazy! Most of the team makes it up but on their way down they get hit with n insane storm that causes a whole mess of problems. I always want a happy ending in moves an stories but when it is based off of a true story you know that is not always what you get. It was a happy ending for some of the climbers bu no for others. Even though I got a bit emotional at the end, I loved his movie and I recommend you going to see it!


So pretty much:
Tuesday movies are the best. 
And I fully recommend that you all take advantage of $5 Tuesdays. 
Because its awesome.
xoxo
Simply Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment