Sunday, October 25, 2015

Recap of my Halloween filled weekend

My wonderful weekend was all about Halloween!
And it was awesome!

Friday

On Friday I planned on going to a haunted house with some of my friends from work. 
I don't always do well with scary things...
But I was so excited for this!

I got off work at about 4:30 and we were planning on meeting at 6.
That gave me just enough time to go home, shower, and greet my wonderful husband before ditching him for the night.

When I got to their apartment complex it took me like 10 minutes of wandering around and being a little prideful to find their apartment. 
I wanted to be able to find it myself without calling them. But that didn't work!
The apartment number they gave me did not even exist. Gotta love typos!
So finally after I humbled myself I called them, found them, and we were on our way!

We stopped at Red Robin (Yuummm) which is seriously yum.
(By the way, Josh didn't think that was as funny as I thought it was. But I wrote it anyways).
After eating our burgers, fries, and shakes we left on our way to the 
Castle of Chaos

There are 4 levels of scary for this haunted house. 
Level 1: I'm not exactly sure what this level is all about...
Level 2: the actors weren't allowed to touch us.
Level 3: The actors could touch and grab us, but not drag us.
Level 4: The actors could touch, grab, drag, put bags over our heads, separate us from our group, and move us to different rooms.

We thought we were all brave and were planning to just do level 2. 
Then last minute we changed our minds to do the level 3! 
Oh my gosh...I was so scared!

The 4 of us made a chain by linking arms and did not let go!
Things got pretty cray-cray in the Castle of Chaos.
Somehow amongst all of the freaking out and running...the bobby pin of the girl next to me ended up on the back of my head. 
I still don't know how it ended up there! 
And even though I practically peed my pants...

I survived.


Saturday

Sometimes I have to convince Josh to go on dates with me. 
But I'm okay with that. Because he always (usually) says yes!

This time I invited him to go to Gardner Village for Witches Night Out.
I am so glad we went!

First of all...I just love Gardner Village. There are so many adorable shops to look at.
And I never realized how girly the shops are until I had Josh there with me. 
In the past when I've gone it was always with my mother, aunts, and cousins.

Apparently Witches Night Out is the busiest night of the year! And I definitely saw why!
There were women and children everywhere dressed up as witches
with husbands and dads following behind.

Some of them got way into it with awesome costumes while others just wore a pointy hat.
I didn't dress up at all! Whoops.

It was just such a fun atmosphere with so many fun things going on around the village.
There were old ladies dancing to popular songs,
Face painting,
And sales in most of the shops!!
Of course I was drawn to the shop that was full of yarn of every color I could imagine!

I only let myself buy 1 thing though. And it only cost us $4.
It was so hard to hold back!

When we decided to head home we were starving! And what sounded good to us, you ask?
Oreo shakes.
So we made a stop at the grocery store on our way home to get the supplies.

The rest of the night was cuddling, Netflix, and Oreo shakes.

Such a fun date night!!


And I definitely recommend going to Witches Night Out next year. 
It was a blast!!


xoxo
Simply Stephens


No comments:

Post a Comment