Friday, January 1, 2016

The Eve of the New Year

Our plans for this new years eve was kind of up in the air for a bit. We weren't sure what we wanted to do to celebrate or if we were going to do anything to celebrate.

That all changed when my friends at work invited us to go sledding with them after work! They also planned on hot tubbing and playing games all night until the New Year! (We only worked a half day on New Years Eve. How many times have I told you that I work at the best office ever?)
So after work I headed home to dig out our snow clothes then we were off to go sledding!
We went to a friends parents house for the sledding because they had a 4 wheeler to pull the sleds and a ton of land to do it on!
Josh and I have never been sledding so we were SO excited for this! First we tried both of us on the same sled. I think we only made it like 30 feet before we fell off. So the next time around we were on 2 separate sleds and that worked out much better!
We had SO much fun! The snow was so fluffy and there was so much of it! Josh just kept throwing it everywhere because it was so fluffy...





I'm pretty sure it was like 15 degrees by the time we were all done sledding. It was fahreeezing.


After the sledding we all met up at their apartment and went to the hot tub. Have you ever been in a hot tub when it's 15 degrees outside? It. Was. So. Cold.
We played Nertz (which I completely suck at), Spoons, Taboo, and Telestrations.
And when the new year came around we brought it in with confetti poppers, silly string, and new years kisses!

I think it's safe to say that we had an awesome New Years Eve!
Now it's just a matter of keeping our New Years Resolutions!

Audrey Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment