Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Normal Rockwell

I really love being in Utah with my mom. Every time we would come up for Thanksgiving or the Fourth of July we would do super fun stuff with her sisters. 

Last night we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Normal Rockwell exhibit at the BYU Fine Art center. It was so fun! I vaguely remember going to a similar exhibit with his art when I was young. Actually...all I remember is that my two brothers and I all got to pick out a print of one of his paintings to hang in our bedrooms!

My mom and I love puzzles. We even have a puzzle of one of his paintings! I think it was the puzzle we did the most out of all of them.


I think it is just such a cool painting! I mean...a triple self portrait...that's pretty awesome!

At the beginning of the exhibit they had us watch a 10 min video about him. In the video it showed some of the actors he used to paint and the process he would go through to get just what he wanted the art to look like. It was so cool to see the actual painting in the exhibit and see all of the detail that was described in the video and all of the effort he put into those small details. And boy...did he put a ton of detail into everything!

Anyways...I love Normal Rockwell and think he was such an awesome artist! 


Josh wouldn't let me take pictures in the exhibit. But my mom snuck these of us ;)


I'm convinced we can't go more than 30 seconds without one of us doing or saying something weird...

Audrey Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment