Monday, November 2, 2015

Simplicity

You know what I'm a fan of? Everything simple.
Really...how awesome would it be if everything were short sweet and too the point? Obviously not everything can be like this. And a lot of things are so nice when they're beautiful and elaborate.
But I still like the simply things:)

The past couple of weeks I have been such a lazy wife. (Kind of.) I have been cooking such simply meals that only take 10 minutes or things I can just throw in the crock pot before work. Or Ramen Noodles-because they are seriously the easiest ever...even if they are terrible for ya.
But do you know what I realized? I don't have the try to be a fancy chef every night!
Josh is perfectly happy eating hot dogs good on the stove for dinner! Or spaghetti and meatballs! Or cereal! Pretty much as long as he gets fed...he's a happy camper. Also...this totally saves on the grocery bills!

I have also decided that I don't need to spend an hour getting ready in the morning. I'll be honest...the only time I have every spent that long getting ready was for a high school dance or my wedding. But still! I put on as little makeup as I feel necessary for the day, throw up hair up in a pony tail-because even if I leave it down when I get ready...it's up in a hair tie before 10 am. It just happens. The hardest decision I make when I get ready is what color scrubs to wear for the day: gray, purple, or blue! I put a lot of thought into that part of my morning. Not spending a lot of time getting ready makes my mornings so much more enjoyable. I don't (usually) have to rush out the door and I'm able to relax and enjoy my mornings.

One of the things I love most about my life with Josh is that we are awesome at not getting caught up in the world. We have simplified our life so that we aren't going around spending money that we don't have or buying things that we just don't need. We have spent such great time together without any distractions from outside sources. I mean, obviously we love watching Netflix. But we are able to spend time together on weekends or whenever we watch our shows and just enjoy each other's company with a home made meal, hot cocoa, and a nice cuddly blanket. It is those simple nights and weekends that I love! And it makes real date nights that much more enjoyable. Even going out to dinner or seeing a movie together is such a treat and seems so special.

I don't know about you all...but I think I picked the best husband out there! He is okay with me simplifying everything to enjoy the beautiful extra time I have in this wonderful life of mine!

So really...you all should just take a step back and simplify! Because it is one of the best things we have done!

xoxo
Simply Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment